Journal of today’s activities:
While the more than 100 million people watched the Seattle Seahawks crush the Broncos in the Super bowl, I worked all day at my computer. I had to prepare for some major events that I have scheduled during the upcoming week. Tomorrow I’ll leave my house early for a drive to San Jose. I’ll spend the day at the Santa Clara County Juvenile Hall. I enjoy working with community leaders who use our Straight-A Guide Cognitive Skills Development Program as a resource for teaching young people how to transform while living in adverse conditions. Later in the week I’m scheduled for two separate events that could have a monumental influence on the development of my career. The PBS NewsHour will film me at three separate events:
- Teaching inside of a San Francisco Jail,
- Teaching at San Francisco State University, and
- Speaking at the 2014 State of the Valley Conference in the Santa Clara County Convention Center.
The PBS episode will not be broadcast until the summer, but I’m enthusiastic about the network broadcasting our work to a national television audience.
- Days since my release from 26 years in federal prison: 173
- Miles run today: 15.5
- Miles run this week: 15.5
- Miles run this month: 27
- Miles run in 2014: 303.13
- Miles I need to run to reach my 2,400-mile running goal for 2014:
- Number of miles I’m ahead of schedule or behind schedule: 86.32
- Today’s Weight: 162