Preparing for Federal Prison
If an individual is indicted, it’s never too late or too early to begin preparing for federal prison. Through PrisonProfessor.com, I offer a series of lesson plans and guides. Those lesson plans and guides are essential for anyone who wants to begin preparing for federal prison. During the 26 years that I served in federal prisons of every security level, I met and interacted with countless people who were indicted for federal crimes. Those who didn’t have any experience with the criminal justice system frequently failed to prepare adequately. To provide a service for them, I launched PrisonProfessor.com
Why should someone prepare for prison?
Individuals who are indicted face charges for white-collar crimes, or people who’ve never been incarcerated before don’t realize the ancillary consequences that accompany a conviction. They frequently outsource their decisions to defense attorneys. The defense attorneys rightfully focus on the guilt-or-innocense phase of the proceedings. Yet there is so much more for a defendant to consider.
- How does one prepare for the pre-sentence investigation?
- How does one prepare for sentence-mitigation strategies?
- How does one prepare for the Residential Drug Abuse Program (RDAP)?
- How does one prepare for the earliest possible release date?
- How does one position himself to serve the sentence in the best possible prison?
- How does one prepare for the maximum amount of time on community custody or home confinement?
- How does one prepare for the challenges that will accompany time on Supervised Release?
- How does one prepare to overcome the stigma of a criminal conviction?
- How does one prepare for employment or business opportunities while serving a prison term?
Defendants who have not thought about preparing for federal prison rarely think of such questions. Instead, their anxieties build while they wait for the outcomes. If they haven’t made proper preparations in advance, then they’re likely less ready or qualified to position themselves for the best possible experience.
Today’s podcast features insight for defendants who’ve never experienced the prison system before. Prison Professor offers services that can help.
Sign up for our mastermind course to learn how you can use these techniques to enrich your life, your career, and your relationships.
Click Here to Subscribe