Wednesday, June 25, 2014
Candidates who advanced through our hiring process by responding to all questions on the pre-application have an opportunity to tell me more about themselves. The responses candidates provide on the following application determine whether I invite them into the office for an in-person interview.
The application follows:
- Name (Last, First, Middle):
- Phone number:
- Can you receive text messages at this phone number?
- Email address:
- Date you are available to begin employment:
- Are there any days of the week that you’re not available to work?
- What hours of the day are you not available to work?
- How did you hear about an employment opportunity with Global Property Alliance?
- If hired, can you provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States?
- Are you drug free and willing to participate in ethical drug testing as a condition of employment?
Comfort with Technology:
- Describe any experience or working knowledge you have of using the Outlook email system:
- Describe any experience or working knowledge you have of using the SalesForce platform:
- Describe your level of competence or confidence in learning business technology applications:
- Describe your level of comfort in making sales calls over the telephone:
- Describe any working knowledge you have of steps necessary to build a sales funnel:
- Describe any knowledge or experience you have on the purposes of making a prospecting call:
- Describe your level of enthusiasm for developing a working knowledge of best-in-class sales techniques:
- Please tell us about authors or leaders who’ve taught you professional sales techniques:
- What does the following phrase mean to you: “Sales is a numbers game.”
Education / Military:
- Tell us about your high school experience:
- If you graduated, tell us what year:
- Tell us about your activities outside of school:
- Tell us about your college or university experience:
- If you earned a degree, tell us the type and year you earned your degree:
- Tell us about your area of study:
- Tell us about your purpose in pursuing this course of study:
- Tell us about the course or courses you enjoyed most and the reason you enjoyed them.
- Tell us about any noteworthy activities you pursued outside of your academic experience:
- If you have military experience, please provide some information that will help us understand your service:
- In which branch did you serve:
- When was your service:
- What values or skills did learn from the experience:
- How will those values skills contribute to your career:
- Tell us about any independent study pursuits you may have undertaken:
- What seminars have you attended:
- Describe lessons you’ve learned from any books that have influenced you:
- What mentors have guided the development of your career:
- Describe your current place of employment and experience:
- Where do you work:
- What role do you have:
- How long have you been employed at this organization:
- How would you describe the organization’s commitment to a pursuit of excellence:
- What is prompting you to seek new employment opportunities?
- Describe any previous employment experience you’ve had that would indicate your proficiency for a career in telephone sales:
- What was the name of the previous organization:
- What type of products or services did they offer:
- What role did you have at the company:
- How long did you work at the company:
- What emphasis did the company place on training and nurturing talent?
- What prompted you to leave?
- Provide list of any other previous employers.
- If you were to rate players on a sales team as A-players, B-players, and C-players, how would you rate yourself?
- If you have prior experience in sales, how do you expect your previous supervisors would rate you?
- From your perspective, what distinguishes an A-player from a B-player or a C-player?
- How would you rate your commitment to developing a skillset that would allow you to become a best-in-class sales professional?
- What did you enjoy most about your last job?
- What did you dislike most about your last job?
Submission of this application implies your agreement with the following statement:
In the event of my selection to become a member of the Global Property Alliance team, I shall comply with all company policies and procedures. I understand and agree that any misrepresentation, omission, or false statement that I make in this application will be sufficient cause for the company to withdraw an offer of employment and or terminate my employment.
Days since my release from prison: 317
Miles that I ran today: 8.76
Miles that I ran so far this week: 32.59
Miles that I’ve run during the month of June: 176.36
Miles that I ran so far in 2014: 1,310.13
Miles that I need to run in order to reach my annual goal of 2,400 miles: 1,089.87
Miles I’m ahead of schedule to reach my 2,400-mile goal by the end of 2014: 147.24
My weight for today: 166