Journal of today’s activities:
Today I heard a radio story about my journey that Karina Ioffee prepared for KALW, on 91.7 FM in San Francisco. I’m grateful to Karina for showing an interest in my work. She visited me at San Francisco State University one evening when I was teaching last semester. We spoke for a while in the office where I work, and she also visited the class where I taught the course titled The Architecture of Incarceration. A week later, Karina visited our home so that she could interview my wife, Carole.
Karina’s story does a remarkable job of describing my work. I’m thankful for every opportunity I have to reach a wider audience. More people should learn about the ancillary consequences of America’s massive prison system.
- Days since my release from 26 years in federal prison: 146
- Miles run today: 10.1
- Miles run this week: 24.1
- Miles run this month: 56.4
- Miles run in 2014: 56.4
- Miles I need to run to reach my 2,400-mile running goal for 2014:
- Number of miles I’m ahead of schedule or behind schedule: 16.98
- Today’s Weight: 163